CSTOCK Partnership
Partnership May Bring New Opportunities for Students
Posted on 09/15/2016

Stronger ties with one of our community partners could bring new opportunities in arts education for Central Kitsap students. 

Central Kitsap Schools and Central Stage Theatre of County Kitsap (CSTOCK) have a preliminary agreement to build and operate a 200-seat performing arts theater near Ridgetop Middle School. 

CSTOCK will pay 75 percent of construction costs, and the district will donate land and seek state funds to pay for the other 25 percent.

"We're excited about this opportunity to work with CSTOCK," Superintendent David McVicker told the Kitsap Sun. "As a district, we've been looking at ways to give parents more choices for their child's education. Kids are different. They get excited about different things. This partnership with CSTOCK could lead to a school of choice for the arts."