Small Works Roster

Our Small Works Roster is a list of Washington state licensed contractors. They applied to be on the roster and met certain basic requirements. The Small Works Roster helps us reduce costs when we anticipate small projects. It also makes it easier for contractors to compete for public works projects.

What is "Public Works"?

Most work done at our facilities is considered public works. State law  (RCW 39.04) defines "public works" as all work, construction, alteration or repair, improvement (other than ordinary maintenance) executed at the cost of the state or of any municipality, or which is by law a lien or charge on any property therein.

Basic Public Works Requirements for School Districts

Prevailing Wages (RCW 39.12)

Contractors are required to pay employees prevailing wages on ALL public works projects, regardless of project cost. On each project, you must submit an Intent to Pay Prevailing Wages and Affidavit of Wages Paid to the Department of Labor & Industries. 

We have a simpler procedure for smaller contracts (under $2,500). Contractors submit a Combined Intent/Affidavit form at no cost. 

For more information on prevailing wages, or to file an intent or affidavit online, visit the Department of Labor & Industries website at

Industrial Insurance

All contractors are required to pay industrial insurance premiums. We will not award a contract to a contractor who has unpaid industrial insurance premiums.

Insurance Coverage

Contractors are required to provide the district with a certificate of insurance, minimum $1 million, naming Central Kitsap School District as additional insured (with the additional insured endorsement).


The district will hold retainage (5 percent of contract value) on larger projects, for 45 days after project completion to ensure that prevailing wages have been paid and that the Department of Revenue, Labor & Industries, and Department of Employment Security have no liens on the project.

Register for the Small Works Roster

Our Small Public Works Roster is on the MRSC Rosters shared online database. To be eligible to work on CKSD projects using a roster process, you must register. It's FREE. Visit and select Central Kitsap School District in your account. If you are already a member of MRSC Rosters, simply select Central Kitsap School District in your account. 

For registration questions, please contact MRSC Rosters at or 206-436-3798. If you have questions about Central Kitsap School District projects, contact us directly at or 360-662-8264.